Sustainable Lawn - Earth Friendly
Zoysia grass is naturally green through the hot summer and environmentally green year round." —J.R.Sustainability as it relates to lawns can be defined as an area requiring very few materials for maintenance while having a positive impact on the environment. Amazoy zoysia grass is the beginning of a sustainable lawn. Here are some of the environmental benefits of Amazoy zoysia grass:
- Performs well under low maintenance programs which reduces fossil fuel, water use and fertilizer applications.
- Filters carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, from the atmosphere while cleaning the air we breathe.
- Can withstand temperatures of 120 degrees to −30 degrees Fahrenheit, resulting in less replanting.
- Reduces erosion from excessive water and wind movement.
- Limits the movement of pesticides and nutrients to non-targeted sites such as rivers and streams.
- Helps absorb heat in summer, reducing air temperatures around your house, resulting in lower cooling costs.
- Contains the physical and genetic composition to survive extreme drought and heat which results in less water consumption.
- Requires two to four times less mowing than other grasses which reduce your carbon footprint.